Tuesday 26 November 2013

Two for the Boys....

Hi...today I have three cards to share...now I don't make that many cards for 'the boys' that often...if at all really to be honest, but my first ever order arrived from SSS arrived on Saturday (being doing a happy dance since...lol...I waited long enough for it!!!..) I just had to have a play with these cute little SSS Small Plane dies....I have no idea why they jumped into my basket...but I'm so pleased they did...

 
As I'm new to this CAS malarkey....it took me a while to get a grip of what I had in mind for them although the outcome is such a simple card...my first thought was a grey plane in contrast DP..but then in a light bulb moment I thought of a 'pop' of red which I think made all the difference .  Then I remembered I had the Cloud dies from Memory Box lurking in my stash..they were bought on a whim a while back and haven't seen the light of day since...until now.  The sentiment is by Clearly Besotted
(another passionate affair...more about that later).  I layered it all up with 3D pads, added Twine and a tiny red gem for balance.
 
Next!....
 
 
This time I used SSS Pointed Feathers die...I'm just love these...you'll be seeing these very often I think...lol....I cut them from SU DP's ..thought the grey was a good idea for a masculine card and again kept it simple...twine, button,  Clearly Besotted sentiment again...and....sequins????? ( well they are grey/silver...lol...)  they just finished it off nicely I thought...
 
I'm having a quiet day today...I hope to be playing with a pile of new Stamps and Dies from
....if Mr Postie pays a visit today...I'll share the results tomorrow but in the meantime here's something I made earlier...
 
 
For this I used their Geometric Style Stamps and Dies...I embossed the design in white on Kraft cardstock and cut out a few to make a 'snowflake' (well that was my first thought...lol..) I scored a few lines on the backing card and just finished with Twine, a button, a Christmas sentiment and a couple of pearls....
 
Have a great day!!
Hugs
Jan...xxx
 

6 comments:

  1. Great masculine cards. I especially LOVE the snowflake you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all very fab! I especially love the layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards. I like the first one. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Jan ! Your cards are so stylish ! Fantastic creations as always ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your masculine cards are CAStastic! Loving the neutral geometric card too. You're CAS natural. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete