Sunday 5 February 2012

Hello Again....

Hi all...well I'm back...yes its been a while...just had to take some time out as looking after my Mum had taken its toll and although I tried very hard I finally realised I cant do it without any help...so I have spent the past month getting a daily carer sorted out and some respite for me. Mum is away in a nursing home at the moment...she is only there for two weeks but that will give me some 'me time' and some rest. Then I will have daily help with her in the mornings and then someone will come for an afternoon to keep an eye on her so I can go shopping or 'do lunch'..lol...my sister is going to help a bit more too.



Well when I say some rest..since she has been away I have decorated my bedroom... moved my craft space around!!..I changed my stash storage and finally bought myself a proper daylight lamp...Mr Mojo has been on walkabout since christmas...but I think I was just tired...I have been doing some crocheting though..its something I can sit and do while being with mum...I have made a cushion and now I messing about with some little hearts I will take some pics when a get a moment.



We had a lot of snow overnight here and it looks like my trip out to sunday lunch isnt going to happen...never mind the snow is a perfect excuse to get a bit crafty and this morning I have finally made a card...Whooo Hooo!!
I was very spoilt at christmas and I have loads of new dies and DP's to use and I cant wait...lol...I hope to have some more cards to share with you in the week.



Before I go...the lovely girls over at Lovely hAnglar Only have invited me to join their new Design Team...I am totally thrilled to be asked... The Lovely hAnglar Only Challenge is to be relaunched shortly and we are currently having a DT call...so if you just love your hAnglar's and would like to be considered for the DT then do pop over and let us know.



Keep snug and warm....
Hugs
Jan...xx

16 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, so nice to see you back. I adore this card, glad to see you've not lost your magic touch. Will email you today, Love Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations....will be looking for your creations at Lovely Haenglar Only!!!
    Your LOTV image is adorable, colored magnificently!!!! Love the gorgeous design and lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jan so lovely to see you back sweetie! Congrats on the new DT spot I do love Hanglars although I just don't use them enough! So glad you are managing to get help with your mum too. Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hun, good to see you back - caring for a loved one can be the most rewarding but the most exhausting thing ever, emotionally and physically. I'm glad you are going to be getting some help now. Gorgeous card - love the fresh flower colours and the oh so cute image, it's brilliant. And congrats on the Hanglar appointment, I'll be joining in a few challenges but I don't have that many stamps (sob). Take care my friend, Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, Jan - really gorgeous!! Congrats on the Hanglar DT - I've applied too cos I've got so many of 'em, I need an excuse to use them more often, so fingers crossed!! And well done for getting some help with your mum, I'm sure it'll be for the best! Hugs, Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just adorable. Love the little flags at the top.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Jan and gorgeous too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Jan, the colours are so pretty!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see you back Jan, i have missed seeing your creations :o) I'm glad you have been able to get some help with your mum - it is essential, you just can't take it all yourself, however much you think you should or want to. We learnt that with Paul's dad. Enjoy your respite time and i send love, Kate x

    p.s. gorgeous card, as ever :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so nice to have you back...It's good to hear that you get help with your Mummy and your Sis defenitely should help more, it's her Mum too.
    Hope you will have lots of time for yourself, Hun!
    Lovely card by the way...daring pink ribbon, but I love it LOL!
    Hugs, Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to let you know that I left a little something for you on my blog. Your cards are amazing.

    http://wennieinwonderland.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jan!
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation with your poor mum. It is always so hard being a carer and also hard asking for help. It will do you both good now you will get extra help.
    This card is so cute! Love the colours xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card Jan, great to see you back crafting and I am so pleased you are getting some help with your mum.
    Huge congrats on you new DT post you deserve it.May pop over and check out the DT call myself
    Big Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new DT Jan, I really love hanglar stamps but we don't have them her in Australia. Glad to hear that you're getting some help with your Mum. Take care
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete