Monday 24 August 2009

Allsorts Challenge #15 - Sketch by Jules


Hi all...this is my entry for this weeks Allsorts challenge...its a great sketch by Jules this week and she would love to see some torn edges too!! I made this card with my little great nephew in mind...darling Connor is starting a new Nursery School in a few weeks so I thought I would make him a card to wish him on his way.... I have made the insides with a little wallet and will write my sentiments to him on the tag and pop in some money for a treat for being a good boy...(we live in hope!!!)..lol...and hopefully Mum will take a pic of him in his new uniform..yes he has to have one at the new nursey..and then she can pop it inside and keep it to embarrass him when he's 18 !!!..lol

The image is a Sugar Nellie Manga boy...I cant wait to get my inky fingers on one of their Manga Girls..just waiting for more stock..these are just so cute. The DP's are Nana's Nursery (rather apt!!) I used a bit of Bazzill and the buttons are from stash. I added a little glossy Accents on his boots but not sure you can see that in the pic. I had to turn the sketch around to fit the image but I think I'm still within the rules!!
Do go and check out the DT cards here..they are truly lovely.
Happy Crafting!!!
..xxx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jan

    What a lovely creation. So much thought has gone into this - especially the part where Connor gets a treat for being such a good boy.

    Love your image very much - looks a little bit like Connor!!

    Thank you for taking part in the Allsorts Challenge this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely little treat card for Connor. The image is great and I love how you've decorated the inside too. What a lucky little boy!!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,such a sweet image and love the papers!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know,I have an award on my blog for you.....posted Sunday!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan, Gorgeous card! I love your torn edges and the image is so cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Jan

    Connor is going to adore this, such a lovely idea and suchg a sweet card.

    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is lovely! I really like how you decorated the inside too. I'm still fairly new to cardmaking and sometimes struggle just to do the cover, so I love seeing the 'full package' - so inspiring. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice message :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulous card! I love how you've flipped the sketch and the manga boy is just brilliant

    thanks for playing along with us at allsorts this week :o)

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Jan, This is absolutely adorable..I just love these little images .You have colored him perfectly..Very lovely!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the skecth. And beautiful innside to.
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dp's you have used just perfect for the recipient of the card
    Thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have something for you on my blog..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card...the manga boy is perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jan! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love your cards, they are stunning! :)

    Rihani

    ReplyDelete